A S C R A P B O O K O F S O L U T I O N S F O R T H E P H O T O G R A P H E R
Reviews of photography products that enhance the enjoyment of taking pictures. Published frequently but irregularly.
31 January 2013
In this recurring column, we'll highlight a few items we've run across that don't merit a full story of their own but are interesting enough to bring to your attention (with more than 140 characters).
You can point us to others we might have missed with the Feedback button below, too.
- The Atlantic's In Focus looks at China's Toxic Sky "with thick clouds of smog chasing people indoors, disrupting air travel, and affecting the health of millions." At the same time, the N.Y. Times reports Chinese hackers have been attacking it for four months.
- Lloyd Chambers details his adventure with OS X in Apple Core Rot.
- Roger Cicala evaluates three 24-70mm zooms in A 24-70mm System Comparison as only "the ultimate camera system commitophobe" can.
- Lemkesoft has released its $39.95 GraphicConverter 8.5.2 [M] with Retina display support, an action menu on the menu bar, 32- and 64-bit PCD support, movie-to-animation conversion, text rotation, 16-bit/channel support for lights and shadows and more.
Closer to home, we're doing a little work on the site today, too:
- Our Reviews page now includes Photo Corners reviews and articles. A blue jim dash marks the break to the new publication in the listings.
- We'll update our Photo Corners Archive page with January entries later today.
More to come....