A S C R A P B O O K O F S O L U T I O N S F O R T H E P H O T O G R A P H E R
Reviews of photography products that enhance the enjoyment of taking pictures. Published frequently but irregularly.
8 January 2013
They may not make everyone's Valentine's Day list, but Think Tank Photo has a couple of February releases that may make a photographer's heart beat faster. One is a completely new line and the other updates a popular product.
SUB URBAN DISGUISE
Its new Sub Urban Disguise line is "designed for the professional photographer seeking smaller capacity camera bags and amateur photographers upgrading their bodies or using one to two lenses along with their new body," the company said.
The four bag sizes feature flip top lids, large front pockets, stretchable side pockets, a padded non-slip shoulder strap, rain covers and Think Tank Photo's high-quality construction.
CHANGE-UP MULTIFUNCTION BAG
The popular Change-Up bag, which converts from a belt pack to a shoulder bag to a chest pack, has been updated with new sizes and features, including the ability to attach Think Tank Modular and Skin Components to the belt.
The Change-Up isn't just a single-purpose camera bag, which accounts for its popularity. It's flexible enough to function as a lens changer or shoulder bar or chest pack, the company pointed out.
Details are in the press releases below.
Think Tank Photo to Release Sub Urban Disguise
Premium Quality Shoulder Camera Bags
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- Think Tank Photo announced that in February it will release a new concept in premium quality camera shoulder bags, the Sub Urban Disguise. The Sub Urban Disguises are designed for the professional photographer seeking smaller capacity camera bags and amateur photographers upgrading their bodies or using one to two lenses along with their new body.
The Sub Urban Disguise Series will be available in four sizes: the Sub Urban Disguise 5, Sub Urban Disguise 10, Sub Urban Disguise 20 and Sub Urban Disguise 30. Their features include a flip-top lid that folds away from the body to provide quick and unencumbered access to gear. The series meets the high-quality design standards of the original Think Tank Urban Disguise series, but for smaller gear or photographers who want to travel light.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 5 holds a regular size dSLRs with one to two small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also accommodates Micro 4/3rds, Leica and Sony NEX systems. Great for Strobists as it fits two to three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 10 holds a regular size dSLRs with two to three small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It also fits three pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 20 holds regular size dSLRs with three to four small telephotos or primes or a D700 with a 18-200 attached. It fits four to five pro-size flashes.
- The Sub Urban Disguise 30 fits a regular size dSLR and two to four standard telephoto lenses or a D700 with a 24-70 2.8 attached. It can also hold an iPad or similarly-sized tablet.
Key features include:
- Flip top lid opens away from your body, providing easy access to gear
- Cleanly styled design, does not look like a traditional camera bag
- Highest quality materials
- Designed to easily fit dSLR equipment
- Large padded front pocket
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side pockets fit a water bottle
- Padded zippered pocket to accommodate an iPad or similarly-sized tablet (Suburban 30 only)
- Padded non-slip flexible shoulder strap
- Poly-ballistic fabric ensures durability
- High quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included in front pocket
- Business card slot
Sub Urban Disguises' all fabric exterior is treated with a Durable Water Resistant coating while the fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It also uses YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic polyester, 600D brushed polyester, 420D high-density nylon, Ultra-stretch pockets, antique nickel plated metal hardware, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. The interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 200D polyester, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Sub Urban Disguise 5
- Internal Dimensions: 6.6" x 7.4" x 5" (16.8x18.8x12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 8" x 8.5" x 6.4" (20.3x21.6x16.3 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.1lbs (0.5kg); Minimum weight: 1.0lb (0.4kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 10
- Internal Dimensions: 8.8" x 7.4" x 5" (22.4x18.8x12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 10.5" x 8.5" x 7" (26.7x21.6x17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.4lb (0.6kg); Minimum weight: 1.2lb (0.5kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 20
- Internal Dimensions: 11" x 7.4" x 5" (27.9x18.8x12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 12" x 8.5" x 7" (30.5x21.6x17.8 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.6lbs (0.7kg); Minimum weight: 1.3lb (0.6kg)
Sub Urban Disguise 30
- Internal Dimensions: 11" x 9.5" x 5" (27.9x22.9x12.7 cm) (W x H x D)
- External Dimensions: 11.5" x 10" x 7.3" (29.2x25.4x18.5 cm) (W x H x D)
- iPad pocket: 10.7" x 8.5" x .8" (27.2x21.6x2 cm) (W x H x D)
- Maximum weight (with all accessories): 1.5lb (1.0kg) ; Minimum weight: 2.3lb (0.7kg)[\release]
Think Tank Photo to Release Completely Updated
Change-Up Multi-function Camera Bag
Shoulder bag, chest pack or belt pack, it does all three successfully.
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- In February, Think Tank Photo will release a completely updated version of its popular Change-Up multi-function camera bag. The Change-Up V2.0 has updated sizing and new features. This bag, a chameleon of sorts, can change from belt pack to shoulder bag to chest pack via the harness system. In addition, many Think Tank Modular and Skin Components can attach to the waist belt straps.
The included compression straps provide for a custom fit. The result of all this flexibility is a bag that can serve many uses: one day it serves as a lens changer, another day it's a conventional shoulder camera bag and another day it becomes a chest pack. It is this flexibility that makes this bag special and explains why novices to pros love it.
With the ability to carry a standard-size dSLR and a 70-200 2.8, (detached), it has a significant amount of capacity in a lightweight, body conforming shape. Alternately, it holds a standard-size dSLR with 24-70 2.8 attached, plus one to three additional lenses.
"While many camera bags convert from one thing to another, they generally are not great at any one thing," said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank's lead designer and president. "The Change-Up V2.0 camera bag is an exception to the rule; it converts from one great storage solution to another."
Its essential features include:
- Can be worn either as a shoulder camera bag, belt pack or chest pack
- Tall design accommodates dSLR equipment easily
- Soft, lightweight materials contour to the body
- Compression straps to adjust fit
- Attachment rail for modular components (6" width)
- One-handed zipper opens wide and provides quick access to gear
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket
- Stretchable side mesh pockets for water bottle or strobe
- Durability that you've come to expect from the Think Tank brand
- Highest quality YKK zippers
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
Change-Up V2.0 enhancements include:
- Increased height to fit all 70-200 2.8 lenses
- Increased depth of top of bag to fit standard-size bodies
- Added compression straps
- Increased padding of back panel for added comfort
- Belt strap tuck-away function improved by creating two separate pockets
- Decreased weight and increased flexibility
- Removed rear zippered pocket to allow fit for body while keeping bag slim
- Change zipper application to "clam-shell" one handed application (one slider)
- Rain cover moved to new zippered pocket on the bottom edge of the front panel
Change-Up V2.0's all fabric exterior is treated with Durable Water Resistant coating while its fabric underside is coated with Polyurethane for superior water resistance. It uses YKK RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, brushed 600D polyester, 250D shadow ripstop nylon, 100D ripstop nylon, 420HD nylon, Ultra-Stretch mesh pockets, 3D air mesh, antique nickel plated metal hardware, rock-lockster buckles, high-density foam shoulder strap, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread. Its interior features removable closed cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- External Dimensions: 11.5" W x 10.5" H x 6" D (29.2 26.7 15.2cm)
- Internal Dimensions: 11.2" W x 10" H x 5.8" (28.4 25.4 14.7cm)
- Weight: 1.5-2.2 lbs (0.7-1.0 kg) Minimum weight = two hinged dividers only [\release]